Hermione's Timetable
Sprite
2005-11-25 00:15:39 UTC
Whilst reading GoF again, a sudden thought occurred to me, specifically when
Hermione is almost late to a lesson and she says she was in the library...

How is Hermione getting to her classes?

We know she needed to use the time turner to manage everything in her third
year, so what's changed? She dropped Divination, but she didn't drop using
the Time Turner as she is still taking at least two (I think?) more subjects
than Harry & Ron.

Are we to assume she is still using the Time Turner? How's she fitting SPEW
research in, too? And if she is, why was she late? :)
Sue
Kish
Yes, she did, at the end of PoA. Not mentioned in the movie, of course. :-p
Sprite
2005-11-26 11:07:06 UTC
Post by Kish
Post by Sprite
Whilst reading GoF again, a sudden thought occurred to me, specifically
when Hermione is almost late to a lesson and she says she was in the
library...
How is Hermione getting to her classes?
We know she needed to use the time turner to manage everything in her
third year, so what's changed? She dropped Divination, but she didn't
drop using the Time Turner
Yes, she did, at the end of PoA. Not mentioned in the movie, of course. :-p
Sorry, poorly explained. I meant she didn't stop using the time turner
after she dropped Divination.
Sue
Kish
2005-11-26 22:38:55 UTC
Post by Sprite
Post by Kish
Post by Sprite
Whilst reading GoF again, a sudden thought occurred to me, specifically
when Hermione is almost late to a lesson and she says she was in the
library...
How is Hermione getting to her classes?
We know she needed to use the time turner to manage everything in her
third year, so what's changed? She dropped Divination, but she didn't
drop using the Time Turner
Yes, she did, at the end of PoA. Not mentioned in the movie, of course. :-p
Sorry, poorly explained. I meant she didn't stop using the time turner
after she dropped Divination.
...Uh. But if you know she stopped using the Time Turner at the end of
PoA, what's your question? She certainly wasn't using it any more by GoF.
Sprite
2005-11-27 14:09:47 UTC
Post by Kish
Post by Sprite
Post by Kish
Post by Sprite
Whilst reading GoF again, a sudden thought occurred to me, specifically
when Hermione is almost late to a lesson and she says she was in the
library...
How is Hermione getting to her classes?
We know she needed to use the time turner to manage everything in her
third year, so what's changed? She dropped Divination, but she didn't
drop using the Time Turner
Yes, she did, at the end of PoA. Not mentioned in the movie, of course. :-p
Sorry, poorly explained. I meant she didn't stop using the time turner
after she dropped Divination.
...Uh. But if you know she stopped using the Time Turner at the end of
PoA, what's your question? She certainly wasn't using it any more by GoF.
It slipped my mind that she expressly said she had stopped using it but
there is still a question to be answered.

If Harry & Ron have full timetables in GoF, and Hermione is still taking one
more subject than them, how is she able to fit it in? Harry & Ron taking
Divination & Care of Magical Creatures as extras, and Hermione CoMC, Ancient
Runes and Arithmancy.

In HBP (see further in the thread) the trio express some joy about having
free periods at last, which suggests that they had a packed timetable
beforehand.

The only conclusion I can come to is that, like in the GoF film, they had
"supervised study" periods, where they were supervised in the hall or a
classroom, and weren't free to do whatever they wished as in the free
periods they have in HBP.
Sue
Blon Fel Fotch Passameer-Day Slitheen
2005-11-28 18:30:06 UTC
Post by Sprite
Post by Sprite
Whilst reading GoF again, a sudden thought occurred to me,
specifically when Hermione is almost late to a lesson and she says
she was in the library... How is Hermione getting to her classes?
She stopped using the Time Turner at the end of PoA, what's your
question? She certainly wasn't using it any more by GoF.
If Harry & Ron have full timetables in GoF, and Hermione is still taking
one more subject than them, how is she able to fit it in? Harry & Ron
taking Divination & Care of Magical Creatures as extras, and Hermione
CoMC, Ancient Runes and Arithmancy.
How do other students cope? From the discussion in book 2 chapter 14, the
2nd years had to choose any two subjects from the list of five (Arithmancy,
Care of Magical Creatures, Divination, Muggle Studies, and Study of Ancient
Runes) though of course Darling Hermione signed up for them all.

But other students will have chosen other pairs of classes, so if a time
turner (no longer available in 4th year) was needed to avoid a timetable
clash between Divination & Runes, or Divination & Arithmancy, how would
somebody cope whose two chosen classes made up one of those pairs?

It gets worse in book 3 chapter 16, when we got a glimpse of her exam
timetable - Arithmancy did not clash with any of the other four options,
but Transfiguration; just as Ancient Runes clashed with Charms.

So if you just choose Arithmancy & Ancient Runes out of the five (since
you don't have a time turner), how do you sit all four of those exams?
Post by Sprite
In HBP the trio express some joy about having free periods at last,
which suggests that they had a packed timetable beforehand.
Not the trio; it's Ron who (in book 6 chapter 9) is delighted to have free
periods for the first time - however, by chapter 11 he had discovered that
these were not the hours of blissful relaxation which he'd anticipated.

Harry can be a very good student, once he's away from Ron's influence,
and there's a few occasions where he out-thinks Hermione too.
Post by Sprite
The only conclusion I can come to is that, like in the GoF film, they had
"supervised study" periods, where they were supervised in the hall or a
classroom, and weren't free to do whatever they wished as in the free
periods they have in HBP.
I can find no mention of supervised study periods in the books, (although
the British boarding school which I attended did have them), all we know is
that the Gryffindors study at the library or in their own common room.

Free Margaret Blaine now!
~consul
2005-11-29 23:36:32 UTC
Post by Blon Fel Fotch Passameer-Day Slitheen
It gets worse in book 3 chapter 16, when we got a glimpse of her exam
timetable - Arithmancy did not clash with any of the other four options,
but Transfiguration; just as Ancient Runes clashed with Charms.
So if you just choose Arithmancy & Ancient Runes out of the five (since
you don't have a time turner), how do you sit all four of those exams?
If all the tests are in the grand hall for the most part, they could all be
sequential, not concurrent.
--
"... respect, all good works are not done by only good folk. For within these
Trials, we shall do what needs to be done."
--till next time, Jameson Stalanthas Yu -x- <<poetry.dolphins-cove.com>>
Blon Fel Fotch Passameer-Day Slitheen
2005-11-30 18:32:54 UTC
Post by ~consul
Post by Blon Fel Fotch Passameer-Day Slitheen
It gets worse in book 3 chapter 16, when we got a glimpse of her exam
timetable - Arithmancy did not clash with any of the other four options,
but Transfiguration; just as Ancient Runes clashed with Charms.
So if you just choose Arithmancy & Ancient Runes out of the five (since
you don't have a time turner), how do you sit all four of those exams?
If all the tests are in the grand hall for the most part, they could all
be sequential, not concurrent.
Could be, only they weren't - Arithmancy & Transfiguration were both set
for 9am on Monday; followed by Charms & Ancient Runes, both at 1pm.

Free Margaret Blaine now!
~consul
2005-12-02 21:30:11 UTC
Post by ~consul
Post by Blon Fel Fotch Passameer-Day Slitheen
So if you just choose Arithmancy & Ancient Runes out of the five (since
you don't have a time turner), how do you sit all four of those exams?
If all the tests are in the grand hall for the most part, they could all
be sequential, not concurrent.
Could be, only they weren't - Arithmancy & Transfiguration were both set
for 9am on Monday; followed by Charms & Ancient Runes, both at 1pm.
At my university, if you had finals at the same time, you could request a
separate time for one of them.
2005-12-03 09:14:44 UTC
Post by ~consul
Post by Blon Fel Fotch Passameer-Day Slitheen
So if you just choose Arithmancy & Ancient Runes out of the five (since
you don't have a time turner), how do you sit all four of those exams?
If all the tests are in the grand hall for the most part, they could all
be sequential, not concurrent.
Could be, only they weren't - Arithmancy & Transfiguration were both set
for 9am on Monday; followed by Charms & Ancient Runes, both at 1pm.
At my university, if you had finals at the same time, you could request a
separate time for one of them.
Fair enough - but at Hogwarts, why schedule optional subjects against
compulsory subjects, so that every student is unable to sit them?

Free Margaret Blaine now!
~consul
2005-12-06 02:44:54 UTC
Post by ~consul
At my university, if you had finals at the same time, you could request a
separate time for one of them.
Fair enough - but at Hogwarts, why schedule optional subjects against
compulsory subjects, so that every student is unable to sit them?
Haven't we all already agreed in other threads that Wizards are assholes? ;)

Or maybe there is just so many hours in a day that they want to burn taking tests.
2005-12-06 18:03:58 UTC
Post by ~consul
Post by ~consul
At my university, if you had finals at the same time, you could
requesta separate time for one of them. Fair enough - but at Hogwarts,
why schedule optional subjects against compulsory subjects, so that
every student is unable to sit them?
Haven't we all already agreed in other threads that Wizards are assholes?
Not I.
Post by ~consul
Or maybe there is just so many hours in a day that they want to burn taking tests.
Or more likely, the timetable was written by a woman who thinks 7x40=1000.

Free Margaret Blaine now!
~consul
2005-12-06 22:38:31 UTC
Post by ~consul
Post by ~consul
At my university, if you had finals at the same time, you could
requesta separate time for one of them. Fair enough - but at Hogwarts,
why schedule optional subjects against compulsory subjects, so that
every student is unable to sit them?
Haven't we all already agreed in other threads that Wizards are assholes?
Not I.
I was refererring to how arbitrary Wizard law has been, and how they just modify
muggle memory to suit their needs, stuff like that.
2005-12-07 19:57:06 UTC
Post by ~consul
Why schedule optional subjects against compulsory subjects, so that
every student is unable to sit them?
Haven't we all already agreed in other threads that Wizards are assholes?
Not I.
I was refererring to how arbitrary Wizard law has been, and how they
just modify muggle memory to suit their needs, stuff like that.
That still leaves my point - not only does the timetable for Hermione
(who needed time travel to handle her subjects) make no sense, but also
the timetable made no sense for any of the ordinary students either.

Free Margaret Blaine now!
Toon
2005-11-25 08:37:31 UTC
On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 00:15:39 -0000, "Sprite"
Post by Sprite
Whilst reading GoF again, a sudden thought occurred to me, specifically when
Hermione is almost late to a lesson and she says she was in the library...
How is Hermione getting to her classes?
We know she needed to use the time turner to manage everything in her third
year, so what's changed? She dropped Divination, but she didn't drop using
the Time Turner as she is still taking at least two (I think?) more subjects
than Harry & Ron.
Are we to assume she is still using the Time Turner? How's she fitting SPEW
research in, too? And if she is, why was she late? :)
Oviously she's not researching, or she'd know House Elves like being
enslaved, just not mistreated.
Ard Rhi
2005-11-25 18:28:47 UTC
Post by Sprite
Whilst reading GoF again, a sudden thought occurred to me, specifically
when Hermione is almost late to a lesson and she says she was in the
library...
How is Hermione getting to her classes?
Walking.
Post by Sprite
We know she needed to use the time turner to manage everything in her
third year, so what's changed? She dropped Divination, but she didn't
drop using the Time Turner as she is still taking at least two (I think?)
more subjects than Harry & Ron.
What's changed? Her schedule and her possession of the time turner.

She didn't just drop divination, she also dropped muggle studies. Which
brings her to 2 more subjects than Harry & Ron (arithmancy and ancient
runes). Two more subjects didn't require a time turned schedule, so she gave
the turner back to the Ministry.This is all mentioned explicitly in the book
before they board the Hogwarts Express for home, as I recall.
Post by Sprite
Are we to assume she is still using the Time Turner?
No.
Post by Sprite
How's she fitting SPEW research in, too?
With only one more subject than the guys AND a knack for quick book study, a
time turner is not required. Much as the boys do quidditch or wizard chess,
students have hobbies they can and do attend to outside of their classwork.
Post by Sprite
And if she is, why was she late? :)
Even with the time turner, she missed a class due to Malfoy making her
forget and then having difficulty with undoing/repairing her own actions.
Regardless, she was late because she didn't have a time turner.
Post by Sprite
--
Sue
Ard Rhi
Troels Forchhammer
2005-11-26 00:00:09 UTC
In message
<snip>
Post by Ard Rhi
She didn't just drop divination, she also dropped muggle studies.
As she tells us explicitly at the end of PoA: 'Without Muggle Studies
and Divination, I'll be able to have a normal timetable again.'
Post by Ard Rhi
Which brings her to 2 more subjects than Harry & Ron (arithmancy
and ancient runes).
Minus Divination which they have, but not her, and we're down to one
subject more than the boys (I see you got it further down, but just
to make it completely clear).
Post by Ard Rhi
Two more subjects didn't require a time turned schedule, so she
gave the turner back to the Ministry. This is all mentioned
explicitly in the book before they board the Hogwarts Express
for home, as I recall.
Precisely.

The full passage reads,

'I know,' sighed Hermione, 'but I can't stand another
year like this one. That Time-Turner, it was driving me
mad. I've handed it in. Without Muggle Studies and
Divination, I'll be able to have a normal timetable again.'
[Hermione, PoA-22 'Owl Post Again']
Post by Ard Rhi
Post by Sprite
How's she fitting SPEW research in, too?
With only one more subject than the guys
;-)

<snip>
--
Troels Forchhammer
Valid e-mail is <t.forch(a)email.dk>

Knowing what
thou knowest not
is in a sense
omniscience
- Piet Hein, /Omniscience/
Sprite
2005-11-26 11:07:47 UTC
Post by Troels Forchhammer
In message
<snip>
Post by Ard Rhi
She didn't just drop divination, she also dropped muggle studies.
As she tells us explicitly at the end of PoA: 'Without Muggle Studies
and Divination, I'll be able to have a normal timetable again.'
Ah, that'll teach me not to read the entire series before I pick up GoF
again.
Sue
Sprite
2005-11-26 11:09:36 UTC
Post by Troels Forchhammer
In message
<snip>
Post by Ard Rhi
Two more subjects didn't require a time turned schedule, so she
gave the turner back to the Ministry. This is all mentioned
explicitly in the book before they board the Hogwarts Express
for home, as I recall.
Precisely.
The full passage reads,
'I know,' sighed Hermione, 'but I can't stand another
year like this one. That Time-Turner, it was driving me
mad. I've handed it in. Without Muggle Studies and
Divination, I'll be able to have a normal timetable again.'
[Hermione, PoA-22 'Owl Post Again']
It's still inconsistent, to me.

Harry & Ron have a full schedule, without free periods. How then, does
Hermione have space in her timetable for an extra subject if x amount of
OWLs = full schedule, surely x+1 = problems ;)
Sue
Troels Forchhammer
2005-11-26 15:25:51 UTC
In message <news:***@individual.net> "Sprite"
<***@ntlworld.com> enriched us with:
<snip>
Post by Sprite
Harry & Ron have a full schedule, without free periods.
I think that that is your error -- we don't actually know that.

There has been a great many attempts to create timetables for the
Hogwarts classes, but they often run into problems if they try to be
too specific. Nevertheless the efforts on the Lexicon are the best
possible, and as can be seen for GoF, it is clear that there are lots
of free periods we don't know how are occupied.

<http://www.hp-lexicon.org/timelines/calendars/calendar_gf.html#Course_schedule>
<http://tinyurl.com/9cx4c>

Of course there might be lessons that we never hear about -- theory
of astronomy, for instance -- but they are probably not enough to
account for all the free space. Harry and Ron chose the mandatory
minimum amount of elective classes, and it would, IMO, be strange if
there was not room in the school timetable for more than the two.

- Piet Hein, /Omniscience/
Sprite
2005-11-27 02:12:10 UTC
Post by Troels Forchhammer
<snip>
Post by Sprite
Harry & Ron have a full schedule, without free periods.
I think that that is your error -- we don't actually know that.
This suggests otherwise, though;

(Taken from HBP)

Chapter Nine: The Half-Blood Prince; (on the first page of the chapter)

"Ron sniggered.

'I love being a sixth-year. <And> we're going to be getting free time this
year. Whole periods when we can just sit up here and relax.'

'We're going to need that time for studying, Ron!' said Hermione, as they
set off down the corridor."

See! First time with free periods!
Post by Troels Forchhammer
There has been a great many attempts to create timetables for the
Hogwarts classes, but they often run into problems if they try to be
too specific. Nevertheless the efforts on the Lexicon are the best
possible, and as can be seen for GoF, it is clear that there are lots
of free periods we don't know how are occupied.
<http://www.hp-lexicon.org/timelines/calendars/calendar_gf.html#Course_schedule>
<http://tinyurl.com/9cx4c>
Of course there might be lessons that we never hear about -- theory
of astronomy, for instance -- but they are probably not enough to
account for all the free space. Harry and Ron chose the mandatory
minimum amount of elective classes, and it would, IMO, be strange if
there was not room in the school timetable for more than the two.
Perhaps the GoF film itself sheds some light on the situation. I thought it
odd that there was the rather Americanised 'study hall' situation going on,
but perhaps this is indeed what they do in that free time.
Sue
Wayne Howard
2005-11-27 05:43:29 UTC
Post by Sprite
Chapter Nine: The Half-Blood Prince; (on the first page of the chapter)
"Ron sniggered.
'I love being a sixth-year. <And> we're going to be getting free time this
year. Whole periods when we can just sit up here and relax.'
'We're going to need that time for studying, Ron!' said Hermione, as they
set off down the corridor."
See! First time with free periods!
Because they are now in N.E.W.T. year(s), hence have fewer classes. At
the start of HBP, both Harry and Ron thought they would not have Potions
class any more, as they did not achieve the O.W.L. grade he required for
them to continue. Notice also that their classes are smaller in
size--Career Advise in the 5th year was partially in order to plan the
6th and 7th years' class loads.

So, they have free periods now which they did not have before, because
they are taking fewer classes than in past years. On the other hand,
their classes are now much harder, hence Hermione's comment to Ron about
studying.
Sprite
2005-11-27 12:48:12 UTC
Post by Wayne Howard
Post by Sprite
[...]
Exactly.. it mimics the English system of GCSEs/A Levels, and it wasn't
until A Level time that I had free periods either.

So if Harry & Ron didn't have free periods at OWL level and previous, then
how was Hermione able to fit in an extra subject?

I think it is probably likely that they had supervised study periods, and
that she had the extra subject in the time that Harry & Ron were in some of
those.
Sue
Troels Forchhammer
2005-11-27 10:16:09 UTC
Post by Sprite
See! First time with free periods!
Free and class period are, I agree, disjoint, but they are not
necessarily complementary.

Furthermore that is, technically, not what is being said (though I
agree it is implied). Technically all it says is that they have free
periods this year, with nothing said about earlier ;-)

Not that it would particularly suprise me if Jo made an error on this,
though, since the intention is quite clear about Hermione, the error
would be to imply that this is the first year with free periods.

I don't know if it is possible to 'save' it by claiming some free time
for the boys at the end of the day where Hermione could attend that
extra class that doesn't coincide with Divination. Certainly such time
would not have counted for Ron as 'free periods' even if Hermione were
at classes.
--
Troels Forchhammer
Valid e-mail is <t.forch(a)email.dk>

The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the
same level of thinking with which we created them.
- Albert Einstein
Sprite
2005-11-27 12:49:55 UTC
Post by Troels Forchhammer
<snip>
Post by Sprite
See! First time with free periods!
Free and class period are, I agree, disjoint, but they are not
necessarily complementary.
Furthermore that is, technically, not what is being said (though I
agree it is implied). Technically all it says is that they have free
periods this year, with nothing said about earlier ;-)
;)
Post by Troels Forchhammer
Not that it would particularly suprise me if Jo made an error on this,
though, since the intention is quite clear about Hermione, the error
would be to imply that this is the first year with free periods.
I don't know if it is possible to 'save' it by claiming some free time
for the boys at the end of the day where Hermione could attend that
extra class that doesn't coincide with Divination. Certainly such time
would not have counted for Ron as 'free periods' even if Hermione were
at classes.
I think that the clue is in the GoF film. There's no mention of it in the
books, but I reckon they must have had some sort of supervised study
periods. So not free time as such, but not lesson time, either. Though the
film messes this theory up too by having Hermione in it.. ;)
Sue
UN
2007-09-11 16:16:41 UTC
Post by Sprite
Post by Troels Forchhammer
<snip>
Post by Troels Forchhammer
Not that it would particularly suprise me if Jo made an error on
this, though, since the intention is quite clear about Hermione, the
error would be to imply that this is the first year with free
periods.
I don't know if it is possible to 'save' it by claiming some free
time for the boys at the end of the day where Hermione could attend
that extra class that doesn't coincide with Divination. Certainly
such time would not have counted for Ron as 'free periods' even if
Hermione were at classes.
I think that the clue is in the GoF film. There's no mention of it in
the books, but I reckon they must have had some sort of supervised
study periods. So not free time as such, but not lesson time, either.
Though the film messes this theory up too by having Hermione in it..
;)
I have a vague recollection of something like(in the movies of course)
of Ron and Harry in the Great Hall doing some sort of studying. And
Hermione comes in says something then leaves to library or somewhere
else. I can't be for sure this is not a weekend. But this may seem like
a "mandatory" study time for those below year 5. And year 6's and above
they have free hour, which means if they don't want to study they don't
have to. But the smart ones do. This might be how they pull it off.
Carol Jo
2005-11-25 22:49:00 UTC
Post by Sprite
Are we to assume she is still using the Time Turner? How's she fitting SPEW
research in, too? And if she is, why was she late? :)
Sue
Well, Hermione may not feel like bothering with the precise time, or
she might have had to hide or take a different route to reach her
classroom to avoid being caught. (That is, if it is assumed she still
uses the time turner, which I don't believe she does).

Good observation, though! :-)

--Carol
Jane Grey
2005-11-25 23:02:12 UTC
Post by Sprite
Whilst reading GoF again, a sudden thought occurred to me, specifically when
Hermione is almost late to a lesson and she says she was in the library...
How is Hermione getting to her classes?
We know she needed to use the time turner to manage everything in her third
year, so what's changed? She dropped Divination, but she didn't drop using
the Time Turner as she is still taking at least two (I think?) more subjects
than Harry & Ron.
In PoA she says she was giving up muggle studies so that she wouldn't
have to use the Time Turner anymore. So Hermy only has one more OWL
than Harry+Ron
Sprite
2005-11-26 11:08:30 UTC
Post by Jane Grey
Post by Sprite
Whilst reading GoF again, a sudden thought occurred to me, specifically when
Hermione is almost late to a lesson and she says she was in the library...
How is Hermione getting to her classes?
We know she needed to use the time turner to manage everything in her third
year, so what's changed? She dropped Divination, but she didn't drop using
the Time Turner as she is still taking at least two (I think?) more subjects
than Harry & Ron.
In PoA she says she was giving up muggle studies so that she wouldn't
have to use the Time Turner anymore. So Hermy only has one more OWL
than Harry+Ron
Even then though, they don't get free periods until they enter NEWT year, so
where does her extra subject fit in? Harry & Ron have a full schedule,
after all.

It seems inconsistent to me!
Sue
Jane Grey
2005-11-26 22:51:17 UTC
<snip>
Post by Sprite
Post by Jane Grey
In PoA she says she was giving up muggle studies so that she wouldn't
have to use the Time Turner anymore. So Hermy only has one more OWL
than Harry+Ron
Even then though, they don't get free periods until they enter NEWT year, so
where does her extra subject fit in? Harry & Ron have a full schedule,
after all.
We don't know that harry and ron didn't have free periods. maybe JKR
just didn't have cause to mention a free period.
Post by Sprite
It seems inconsistent to me!
I wish JKR was able to forsee all the niggly things that would bother
avid readers and that she had put in a mention or two of free periods
before NEWT level. but she didn't. but that doesn't mean they didn't
exist.
Sprite
2005-11-27 02:10:26 UTC
Post by Troels Forchhammer
<snip>
Post by Sprite
Post by Jane Grey
In PoA she says she was giving up muggle studies so that she wouldn't
have to use the Time Turner anymore. So Hermy only has one more OWL
than Harry+Ron
Even then though, they don't get free periods until they enter NEWT year, so
where does her extra subject fit in? Harry & Ron have a full schedule,
after all.
We don't know that harry and ron didn't have free periods. maybe JKR
just didn't have cause to mention a free period.
I'm sure they made a big deal about having them in HBP which leads me to
believe that they didn't have them before then.

Fits in with the English school system, too ;)
Post by Troels Forchhammer
Post by Sprite
It seems inconsistent to me!
I wish JKR was able to forsee all the niggly things that would bother
avid readers and that she had put in a mention or two of free periods
before NEWT level. but she didn't. but that doesn't mean they didn't
exist.
Very true, and maybe I am being nitpicky, but it was just something that
occurred to me whilst reading as is often the case for people. As I said
though, I'm *sure* they made a big deal about having them in HBP..... ah ha!

Chapter Nine: The Half-Blood Prince;

"Ron sniggered.

'I love being a sixth-year. <And> we're going to be getting free time this
year. Whole periods when we can just sit up here and relax.'

'We're going to need that time for studying, Ron!' said Hermione, as they
set off down the corridor."

Maybe Hermione took one of her lessons out of usual hours..
.
Sue
David Sueme
2005-11-27 10:28:32 UTC
Post by Sprite
How is Hermione getting to her classes?
We know she needed to use the time turner to manage everything in her third
year, so what's changed? She dropped Divination, but she didn't drop using
the Time Turner as she is still taking at least two (I think?) more subjects
than Harry & Ron.
Are we to assume she is still using the Time Turner?
It's the principle of the thing. Hermy is just the brightest little
pain-in-the-ass of her generation, and exactly how she goes about it
isn't all that important.

I'm channeling Rhett Butler here.

Dave
Troels Forchhammer
2005-11-27 11:30:42 UTC
In message
<news:***@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> "David
Sueme" <***@comcast.net> enriched us with:
<snip>
Post by David Sueme
It's the principle of the thing. Hermy is just the brightest
little pain-in-the-ass of her generation, and exactly how she goes
about it isn't all that important.
Precisely!
--
Troels Forchhammer